I was working on Mac for a long time and was “forced” to work on Windows for what seemed to be an eternity. Now that I am back on Linux, I understand the things that I have missed.
1. aptitude – The best package manager out there for consumer desktops
2. XFCE – The best desktop manager.
3. Beautiful fonts – No one does them better than Ubuntu.
4. A terminal that does not suck – Large scroll buffers and window managers that actually work well with them; not to mention the best available tools.
5. systemd – the best service manager for consumer laptops.
6. Files as devices
Things that I still find lacking.
1. Support for closing laptop lid. My laptop hanged then, it hangs now till I hacked it.